Temporary Suspension of Entry into China – Updated List of Countries


Table of Contents

Written by
Fancy Fan – HR Specialist

As the epidemic situation overseas is getting worse, Chinese embassies in the following countries have successively issued bans, announcing the suspension of entry into China with current valid Chinese visa and residence permits for work, private affairs, and reunion.

Below you can find the updated list of countries. We will keep updating this in case new bans will be published:

  • Europe
    • UK
    • Belgium
    • Italy
    • France
    • Russia
    • Ukraine
  • Asia
    • India
    • Philippines
    • Bangladesh
  • Africa
    • Nigeria
    • Ethiopia

This ban means that, if you are a resident of one of the above countries, even if you have a valid Chinese residence permit, you can’t come back to China. If you want to come back to China from the above countries, you need to apply for a brand new visa (which is very difficult to obtain because you need an official PU invitation letter).

Below you can find one Notice released by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This notice is it the same for the other countries too.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, China has decided to temporarily suspend entry into China by non-Chinese nationals in the UK holding visas or residence permits still valid at the time of this announcement. The Chinese Embassy and Consulates in the UK will no longer issue a Certified Health Declaration Form for the above-mentioned personnel.

Entry by holders of diplomatic, service, courtesy or C visas will not be affected. Foreign nationals visiting China for emergency needs may apply for visas at Chinese Embassies or Consulates. Entry by non-Chinese nationals in the UK with visas issued after 3 November 2020 will not be affected.

Questions and Answers

Question 1:

I just got my Chinese residence permit renewed, it’s issued on 7th November 2020. Can I travel to the UK with this residence permit and come back?


No, you can’t. You need to apply for a brand new visa issued at the Chinese Consulate in the UK to come back.

Question 2:

I have a valid Chinese residence permit (work), and I have a flight to Denmark in 2 weeks, can I come back?


Yes, based on the rules now, Denmark is not on the list, so you can come back, BUT no one can guarantee if it remains the same in 2 weeks. So if this trip can be avoided, that will be the best choice for now. (Because the above list might be expanded quickly)

Question 3:

I am in Italy right now. Can I take a flight transit to 3rd party country and then travel from 3rd party country to China? For example, I fly from Italy—Netherland—China?


No, it’s not possible because you can’t get the health declaration from the Chinese Consulate.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask our Customer Service Representatives, we will be very glad to help you.

Scroll to Top