The labor contract in China can terminate for different reasons:
- The labor contract expires;
- Workers begin to enjoy insurance benefits according to law;
- The employee dies, or is declared dead or missing by the People’s Court;
- The employer is declared bankrupt according to law;
- The employer’s business license is revoked, the company is ordered to close down, or the employer decides to dissolve in advance;
- If the worker reaches the legal retirement age, the labor contract shall be terminated;
- Other circumstances stipulated by laws and administrative regulations.
In addition, the employer and the employee shall not agree on other conditions for the termination of the labor contract other than the above terms.
Check our article about the termination of the employee for more information.